Friday, August 1, 2008

TRUST WHO?

My heart pounds nowadays every time I hear my phone beep. I can’t help but think that there’s more bad news coming. You can’t blame me though, because a recent experience made me think of something that I have always taken for granted. I’ve always believed. I used to think that everyone else was just like me: carefree, unaffected and easily trusting. But my thoughts were proven wrong.

I hurriedly grabbed my phone. I was surprised to find out that it was one of my close friend. What was far more surprising was her message. It was short and simple. But its impact was huge. I nearly lost my balance when I red her text in bold letters: “I’M TWO MONTHS PREGNANT.” For a moment I was stunned. I was replying to the text message: What happened? Did you tell anyone else? All I got was a curt reply: “ NO ONE ELSE KNOWS. “ I felt bothered. I wanted to call her. But I didn’t know where to start. I have always perceived her as the shy-typed and probably now ashamed to admit her condition. I’m quite surprised that she told me, but somewhat relieved. At least she trusted me. So I promised to never let her down.

Sometimes the world can be so indifferent. People can be so immature. Sharing a part of yourself with others can be hard. Looking for that elusive trustworthy someone then becomes a quest. I have never put much thought on this matter, until I realized that trusting isn’t easy at all. But do people today still have their own confidantes whom they can turn to in times of troubles? Or do they just keep it all to themselves? I had to convinced. So I made my own little survey. I tried to find out whom people trust and the reasons why they do so. Out of 100 respondents, my survey says: “ MOTHERS KNOW BEST. “

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust who??? well i think i not agree with what you are saying there, if someting done wrong by someone than does that mean we not trust others????

Ester said...

Hi Pari, I love my mother very much that's why my eyes got focused with your this article. It's very nice. You are right there, that mothers know best. You got a nice story there also. Keep it up Pari. I'm very sure that you will encourage many to read your article. It's really nice. I'll be waiting for another one.

robert said...

You have a very nice article Pari. When I read at the beginning of your this article, I thouhgt my friend is the best person whom I should trust the most. But I'm wrong. I agree with you that everybody should trust our mother. She really knows what's best for us. I admire the topic you have thought.

conrad said...

You know Pari, I'm a very sentimental person. I'm a man but when I read something that happened in reality, i cried. With this article of yours, i do cried, because it happened in the life of my sister. And my mother is always there at her side. You got good articles. I hope you will published more like that. I hope i will be waiting long.

Billy said...

I don’t promise to get bored in reading some articles. But here in your blog, all the article you have published was inspiring specially this article “Trust Who?” Very nice.

lani said...

A simple and short message that comes from one of your reader..........” I enjoy what I have read inside this article”. It’s wonderful!

sandy said...

Nothing compares with the finding of true satisfaction, because once i do read your article like this i became complete.

rhea.paris said...

The recipe of reading a remarkable article: I cup of meaningful words, 2 cups of excitement, 1 cup of adventure and pleasure. Mix all these together….and they will find it here in your article forever.

pam said...

I was impressed by your article. and I love to keep on reading every now and then. I don’t comment much, but I definitely like what I see on successful blog.

Unknown said...

Nothing limits me in reading your articles, cause I found your it very interesting to read. No dreadly moment.

annie said...

They say it takes a long time to find a good articles, but they are wrong, I find yours in just 2 minutes. The content of your blog really has something. So stimulating.

abby said...

In my life I learned how… to look for a good stuff, to be happy with that, to stayed with it, to be faithful to what I have found………….. but I couldn’t learn how.. to stop remembering your good-quality articles. Made me comfortable with it.

Joseph said...

When I feel lazy, I cannot help it. When I’m passing by with your blog and read those articles there, I got my energy. Coz your articles have the force not be lazy. It has something!!! are tired, that is your own fault.

natalie said...

I'm glad articles doesn't come with price tags. For if it does, I'd never afford something as great as your.

natalie said...

I'm glad articles doesn't come with price tags. For if it does, I'd never afford something as great as yours.

sally_56 said...

I'm glad articles doesn't come with price tags. For if it does, I'd never afford something as great as yours.

lalaine said...

I'm glad articles doesn't come with price tags. For if it does, I'd never afford something as great as yours.