Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Transportation


TRASPORTATION TAKES PEOPLE where they need or want to go, and brings them the goods they need or want. Without transportation, trade would be impossible. Without trade, there could be no towns and cities. Towns and cities are traditionally the centers of civilization. Therefore, transportation has helped make civilization possible.

Although transportation has benefited people in many ways, it has also created problems. For example, it uses great quantities of fuel and so strains the world’s energy supplies. Cars jam many streets and motorways making travel slow. In addition, there exhaust fumes pollute the air. Such problems are so difficult to solve that government have become increasingly involved in transportation.

Traffic congestion on streets and highways increases transportation times and can also make driving more dangerous. Scientist and engineers have been developing intelligent transportation systems to deal with congestion. One development, an electronic toll system, automatically identifies vehicles and charges their owners or drivers for the use of roadways and bridges.

Cars are the chief cause of traffic congestions in urban areas, and their exhaust fumes contribute heavily to urban air pollution. Many cities plagued by traffic jams and air pollution have taken steps to reduce car traffic in their busier areas. In addition, increasingly strict pollution control standards are being introduced for new vehicles. There standards require carmakers to manufacture cars that five off cleaner exhausts that earlier models.

9 comments:

martha said...

Once you find a good article, your mind will know it because it will always leave a feeling inside of contentment and it will never goes away. That’s what your article did to us. Nice.

Billy said...

I woke up today smiling as I remember what I read…. And I know that years from now, I should still wake up smiling for the same reason….or maybe more. I’m glad I read your article.

Unknown said...

Reading is like music: it has its high and low notes. No matter how high or low you are, by just reading enjoyable article, you will create a perfect feeling of satisfaction.

lani said...

Reading good article doesn’t need to be perfect to be wonderful, as long as meaningful one will be remembered, it’s more than enough. That’s why I keep on tracking on your blog. I don’t want to missed even a single one.

monica_logins said...

Once an article would be
good, it will be good all the way. Yours is a good one!!!!!

Dominic said...

This is one of the important topic to be discussed in ones blog. It's good. Everyone will have a knowledge with it

letty said...

One day I know someone will ask me: What makes you happy? I will say: my reading. Because I had found a good article to read. Yours are easy to understand.

sandy said...

I have read your article about transportation. You know this is the topic my teacher gave me to discuss. I thank you Pari, for this article. I will have no hard time to find and search for any.

Anonymous said...

Trasportation is very important. We cant go to where we want if we dont have transportation. It good that you have discuss some here in your blog. Some don't take this as important factor.