Saturday, August 16, 2008

Faith Healing and Psychic Surgery: Fact or Fallacy ( Part 1 )

For about half of the 24 years in the business management of my friend, she was engaged in a very unusual hobby after office hours, doing research and writing books and articles on various paranormal and psychic phenomena. During her offbeat hours, the presence of a fascinating hidden culture of the Philippines became evident to her – a culture that is much more fundamental, more powerful and more pervasive than the outward culture that the ordinary visitor to our country becomes easily familiar with.

This hidden aspect of our culture, which she call the esoteric cultures of the Philippines, consists of beliefs in the supernatural, in the existence of various in habitants of the spirit world and the many rituals and practices connected with their supplication and intervention into our daily affairs. The esoteric culture also refers to the Filipino’s persistent belief in the awesome powers of the mind to transform one’s life and protect him from harm so long as that mind is connected with the spirit source. The paranormal is part of the hidden culture.

The Philippine Paranormal Research Society, a non-profit organization found in 1986, together with several business professionals and scientists, defines the paranormal as “any observable or experience able phenomenon, object, energy, force, event or human capability for which there is yet no generally accepted scientific explanation.”


Don’t miss the second part of my article . . . . . . . You’ll be surprised !!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Leah said...

Hi again Pari,
You know when i read your this article, it got stuck my eyes on there. I wonder how it will be done. And i think it's very interesting to read. I will be waiting for that. When it will be?

rachel said...

Hi there.........I read your article about "Faith Healing and Psychic Surgery: Fact of Fallacy (Part1)". It's very interesting to read how it was done. I'm eager to read your part 2 this article. When it be?

paul said...

I read your article about "Faith Healing and Psychic Surgery: Fact or Fallacy". I'm surprise that there is something like this. Now I'm eager to know how they performed that.

robert said...

I always thought watching movies are the best thing to do. But I realized that reading is even better. I’m thankful with the article you have published now. Exciting.

marie said...

When it comes to reading wonderful article, the opportunities are limited, and yours are so talented and able to adapt to anyone. Hope that it will continue that way for long.

sandy said...

Sometimes what makes an article beautiful and enjoyable is not its writing, it’s the content of the article which you want and enjoy reading it.

Billy said...

Long articles can be boring sometimes. You always have to convince yourself to be excited, recharge first yourself before reading. But there’s one thing I want to make sure your article don’t make me either one of that.

liza said...

I had read an Interesting topic you haave talked about there. I just glimpsed there. But I began to get interested on it. I’m sure every body will love to read that also. It’s unique.

monica_logins said...

You have no idea how much im happy to read your articles.It's really amazing!!

haydee.lopez said...

Wow.....somewhat different kind of topic you have here now. I'm eager to wait for the continuation of it. Is it true?

annie said...

Yesterday I dared struggle to look for a good article to read. Today I dare to win. And I succeed, I came here to your blog. Thanks.

diego99 said...

Everyone reads what you published... because they have learned many things there. Just like me, I’m enjoying all your articles. It’s good.

erica2123 said...

I have read your this article. It's really a big question mark for me if it is really a fact or fallacy. I have to see your part 2 of this !!!!!!!!!

Joseph said...

You know when i saw this title of your article, i read it immediately. I want to know the content of it!