Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Romance With Books -2

At six in the morning I got up and went to the toilet. I did everything possible to make myself look human for my interview with the dean at nine. He was tall who possessed a sense of humor. That he took me into his faculty after a few minutes of conversation. He told me I could start teaching in the coming semester, which was just a week away. He gave me two subjects, English literature and Sociology. When I reminded him that I had never taught sociology, he smiled and said that was good, for then I would be learning a new discipline. He was the only dean I have ever worked with who put a great trust in my ignorance. After making arrangements with the owner of a boarding house which he referred me, I searched the city for materials to use in my forthcoming academic adventure.

My collection increased with works that I found in the most unlikely corners of the city. I bought and Encyclopedia on installment plan, I was an indiscriminate collector. I was always on the lookout for bargains. I read all my books, finding them helpful to my struggle to be a good writer. In my romance with books, I sometimes met other collector. There is no stereo-type portrait of collectors, they come in all shapes and sizes, but they betray themselves of respect and care, as one would speak about a beloved, and would never be at a lost for words to describe their latest achievement.

17 comments:

Dina said...

It's really nice of this topic Pari. Very interesting. Where did you find those kind of topic you published in your blog. What else will you be publishing here. I'm eager to read that. Good work.

jane said...

Your article is really wonderful Pari.....Keep it up!!!

jane_smith said...

Like what i have said, I like your style. It made me think of deeper thoughts. I'm delighted!!!

conrad said...

CONSIDER ME ONE !!!!!

rachel said...

No matter how many reading materials I have, there’s no assurance that they are always good.. But with your article, everything I read are good. Keep it up.

sandy said...

I just want to say the good reading stuff will be remembered, there are very few as precious as yours. And that’s the very special reason why I keep in reading your articles. It’s so valuable.

jeff said...

If you are afraid to read because you have doubts that you may get bored with that……then everyone is wrong……….With your articles, no boring time. Every detail of the articles seems to be interesting to read. I like it.

martha said...

I neglect to tell how good your article is, how your presentation makes such a difference. Articles like this are really rare. So I do hope that you published more.

Billy said...

There is no shop in the world where we can buy true reading stuff…..that’s why I can’t find any replacement for them over the counter. Keep on writing worthy of not articles.

cathy said...

I know a few people who keep telling me go to read articles in your blog because of the way you interacts with your readers. And they are right. Impressive articles I found in your blog. Adoptable by many.

liza said...

You got nice articles about the romance with books. I'm crazy about reading many books. I like your this topic very much.

Unknown said...

I never walk away from a good reading stuff. That……………made me stick to your blog and read those articles which was published there. Very compelling.

abby said...

You really have a nice articles there Pari.....Nice work. Keep it up!

Ester said...

It's nice and romantic article you have published in your blog. Keep it up and you will win many readers.

kristine said...

FOR ME YOUR BLOG IS A PERFECT ONE . KEEP IT UP APRI !!!!!!!

gellie said...

It's a nice article you got there Pari. Keep it up!

gellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.