Saturday, August 9, 2008

Building Business Relationships

Business is an integral part of human life and it flows through networks of human relationships. Effective businessmen are always looking for promising people, even if they are not immediately useful from a business standpoint. I know one story. A man worked as an international sales manager, he arrived in an Asian country without a single contact. He prayed in his hotel room and felt led to call the commercial officer of a nearby embassy. That person recommended a local businessman with a small company in a closely related field. He met the man and was impressed him as an unusually bright and effective person. In the end, he signed him to be his company’s distributor even though his company was not exactly in the best position to help him. He had about twenty-five employees when he met that man, but the next time he visited him, he had two hundred and soon that figure was over two thousand. On day he heard on the news that he had been appointed to a cabinet level position by his nation’s president, without any previous government experience! His company is now one of the largest and more powerful in its field.

I have been asked if it makes sense to try to work with friends. Good friendships sometimes develop as a result of good business, but rarely does the reverse happen. In fact, trying to do business simply on the basis of friendship can be one way to destroy or badly damage long-standing and valuable relationships. But there are exceptions to every rule, but profitable business results from providing a consistent value to customers through legitimate and ethical means. Friendship is a great benefits but not necessary factor. Right relationships with the right people means success in business. God’s Word gives wisdom in choosing people and in building the kind of relationships that will lead us to success.

14 comments:

Joseph said...

Hi there Pari,
I read all your articles in your blog. It was all interesting and easy to understand. As if you wrote it through your experience. But this topic of yours "Building Business Relationship" focused my attention. It help me in my business as i have my own. I hope you will be writing many like that. I'm happy to read your article

natalie said...

Hi Pari,
Can I ask you something? Where did you find this kind of article you have published. It's very interesting to read. I got good guidelines with your article "Building Busiess Relationship". As I'm into business, it helped me a lot with this. More on that kind of topic Miss Pari.

Leah said...

Hello Ms.Pari
I have read your article about "Building Business Relationships". It's very nice and you discussed it clearly and accurately. Everyone will understand it. Like me, i got interested because i will be planning to have a business of my own. I'm sure this will help

Dominic said...

It's a good guidelines you have there in your article. Many can depend on that i'm sure. Keep writing about that. I will follow it.

abby said...

This is remarkable article Pari. You have published it well. I fond of reading it.

adrian said...

After a long and dreary day, I just want to say that after reading your articles specially this topic “Building Business Relationship”, makes tomorrow worth looking forward to. I hope you have more good stuff like this.

sandy said...

They said you needed treasure map to find treasure. I proved them wrong ……. I found your articles specifically “Building Business Relationship”.

randy said...

A nice article is like a wind. You’ll never know what’s inside of it, but you will always feel the goodness and accuracy after reading. I have feel that in your articles. Thank you for publishing such a remarkable article like that!!!!!!!

Billy said...

I would say your article is a work of generous worth reading million times and keeping forever. Keep on publishing good articles.

helen said...

It was a huge encouragement for me to read your article. I have learned a lot there in your blog. Nice things.

andrea said...

Your this article is exactly intended to a person who has a business. It really help a lot. Good Work!!!!!!

randy said...

To be clever enough to get good information, one must be wise enough where to find good stuff to read. I can say I must be clever to choose yours. I learned many !!!!!!!!!

martha said...

My "aim" is: read good articles, when my eyes are still clear. I know time will come that it will going to get unclear. So I don’t want to miss reading all your article before my eyes become one. Very different from others.

haydee.lopez said...

This your article is perfect in timing. I planned to put up my own business. The detail of it is good. Keep it up? Hope we can be partner..... :)