Friday, August 8, 2008

The Will to Win and Working Hard

If you are in business you must have the will to succeed. We are in a competition, not against others but against sin, the flesh and the devil. “We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”


Many people would prefer this verse to end after the words “we wrestle not.” I sometimes tell the story of a believer who wanted to play compassionate, caring tennis. He did not want to make his opponent run or stretch or get tired, so he deliberately lost every game and wound up losing every playing partner too. His partners lost respect for him and no longer wanted to play.


If you are called by god into business, you have been called to compete in the marketplace fairly, with courage and endurance. We must demonstrate our faith through good work and not be like the fearing and mistrustful slave with one talent. It is God’s will that we be like the slave with ten talents who had an abundance. When your customer or your employer makes money with you on the team, they win and you win. Business is like a game and it is competitive by nature. Play fair, but strive for excellence and play to win. When you have won and helped a few others win, tell them about Jesus. They will listen to you because what you have won is their respect.


Working hard and knowing when to rest is an important part of God’s wisdom. There is a special joy that can only be found through the discipline of hard work. As the word says, “Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.”

14 comments:

Miguel said...

Hello Pari! I noticed that your all article has all deep meaning. It's nice. I'm sure that everyone who will read it, will be satisfied. With just the title of each of your article are meaningful. I think you are a deep person, and so am I. I like to read you articles Pari. Somewhat unique.

vinny said...

this is the best thought i have ever seen in my life, this must be written by a experianced person,this is the best and unique mixture of a hard working life, u will know lately, the world will salute u. for the righter

linda said...

I agree with you Pari, we should have the will to work hard so that we will win in every aspect. You have a great article and i'm interested in reading this. Many will learn important things in life. And also with your article everybody will have strong faith on their self. Nice work Pari. Keep it up.

Leah said...

This article is one of the best articles i have every read. It gives me thought that what ever u want or what ever you do, if u have the will to do that, then nothing is impossible.I like you article Pari. It's so distinctive.

lalaine said...

Again, this article has a good-quality. Every one can apply your article in reality. How can you write such article like that. Can you give me some point. I want to be a writer too. How did you do it?

letty said...

This article “The Will to Win and Working Hard” catches my attention. It’s beautiful Nice to know that you have such a simple article but having an important effect to your reader.

Billy said...

Great to enter your blog Pari. It’s not boring to read all your articles. Really great.

rhea.paris said...

A piece of writing is a document that needs to be read to find its inner meaning….yours is one of the best ever written.

patty said...

I am glad this article encouraged many. And consider me one of them. I guess more positive thoughts you have published there.

liza said...

Fulfillment is something that I felt after reading your articles. You have good reading stuff there. Keep it up.

randy said...

One of the big thing in the world if I may say is the value and exactness of your articles.

Joseph said...

I agree with you.....If there's a will, there's always a way.

adrian said...

Whenever I see your blog, I have to smile myself, because I learn for your articles, you've got understanding on each of your!!!

danny said...

Yours is the first that I read immediately and with a measly 4 lines of it makes me happy. I've bookmarked your blog !!!