Thursday, August 21, 2008

Earth Day Begins at Home


You can make everyday an Earth Day by considering these suggestions and sharing them with your neighborhood.

Purchase nontoxic cleaning products. Use natural fiber sponges and cleaning agents that are biodegradable, phosphate-free, chlorine-free and unscented.

Reduce paper use. Use rags instead of paper towels; cloth napkins instead of paper ones. Buy post-consumer recycled paper and recycle it when you have used it.

Restore responsibly. Use water-based or vegetable-based paints, stains and varnishes. Do not wash paint thinner, household cleaners, oil or pesticides down the drain or pour them on the ground. Use them up, give leftovers to your friends or dispose them at your local waste disposal center.

Repair instead of replace. Reupholster furniture. Resole your shoes.

Replace disposable goods with renewable ones. Buy rechargeable batteries. Use dishes instead of paper plates.

Plant for the planet. Strengthen your garden’s resistance to pests by planting resilient plants, by rotating the fruits and vegetables you plant and by attracting friendly bugs to prey on the pesky ones.

10 comments:

sandy said...

The most beautiful discovery through reading is that they can express the feeling of contentment without forcing anything. And that makes your article proved.

rhea.paris said...

Reading good article is something you feel deep inside when you concentrate, a feeling that you find impossible to hide. Thanks for good article. Keep it up.

lani said...

Reading is like a craving, a food that is always needed. Good article comes once in a while, so take it as it foes and enjoy every bit of it while reading. That’s why I’m enjoying every bit of your articles you published.

pam said...

You just made me realize I should have cited that article a long time. I came across on it and I find it very accurate and consistent with everything.

liza said...

I know I can trust your articles. I gave confidence to myself when I came across with your blog.

paul said...

It only takes 10 minutes to find a perfect article to read. No more searching long. I’m sure many will follow your articles, cause my searching ended here.

martha said...

Those who think that your blog is boring………..well I can say to them that they are completely wrong. They must be the one boring. I find your blog appealing to read. It has all the accuracy of it.

adrian said...

Ya, it's really an earth day even it's not today. Time might lead me to nowhere; I'll always be thankful that along my blog journey I found a good article. And that’s YOURS!!!!!!!!!!...

Anonymous said...

Your this article is good. It really helps the environment. Nice work Pari.

haydee.lopez said...

I agree with you to that Pari. Everything will always begins at home.