Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Precious Time

Just as the threads of tradition bind families together, we also need to loosen the threads to spend time apart, to be silent and recharge. This does not mean abandoning our duties or being selfish with our time since it is impossible to be available all the time to all things and people who demand our attention.

Making time alone to be quiet is essential so we can be more available to others. When I was a child, I remembered wanting to spend a lot of time with my mom, who worked full time. I was also stunned when my parents went out as a couple and left us kids at home. Unthinkable! I recall looking after them, their backs turned toward me, as they walked away from the house. How could they do that? They were abandoning us. Of course, my then 10-year-old mind could not figure out the idea that parents needed time alone as a couple, just as children and teenagers need time alone as well.

Now I understand how precious quiet and alone time can be. How taking a leisurely stroll can be uplifting and how taking a deep breath can be refreshing. It makes for being more focused and peaceful as well as regaining the energy to reconnect with family to continue practicing certain routines. What about your family? What threads of tradition bind you together?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Pari,
I read your post. It's really nice and i must say you did nice try to express your thought. Keep it up

Billy said...

Hi Pari...I like your this article. It made me realise that time is very important. I read some other article, they are also good but with your article here, it's quite different. I like to read more on your blog. And write always a very nice topic. Hope to read that soon......

robert said...

Hi Pari,
I just want to comment on all the topic you published. As I look on the title of each of every topic you got there.....it seems that it has a deep meaning. Everybody will read of that I'm sure. Like this topic "Precious Time". When i read that, I thought of many good things. It's very pleasant.

adrian said...

You know, I have always make it a point that I have spent precious time, even if i am alone. I look forward to the future for the best. It's satisfying reading your article.

lalaine said...

Can I ask you something? I have read all your article here in your blog, How can you manage to write something like that. It's very rational. It's like it happened in life. I think you will be a good writer in the future.

andrea said...

If I was given a chance to read your article just for a minute, I would not guarantee to give it back in one minute, because when I do, It will be my lost. I will not read it all.

rhea.paris said...

The greatest challenge in reading good article is not just looking those deep words which was written, but feeling it even deep words were used. You discussed every article you have published in your blog. That’s why I don’t have worries.

miguel said...

Don’t’ feel sorry if you failed to find good articles, when you tried your best, something is out there more deserved for you time of searching………and that could be your articles here in your blog. Perfect one.

patty said...

I am really happy that you provide such wonderful article in your blog. It gives me more ideas and push myself to visit your blog whenever I feel reading.

Dominic said...

I have notice when i read your article..."Precious Time", it seems that you are sentimental person. You used deep words that encourage your readers. I like it.

letty said...

I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness is to read a lot. It enhance vocabulary words and we can really learned from it. I want to say that I’ve learned a lot after reading all you articles.

pam said...

Time might lead me to nowhere I will always be THANKFUL, because it don’t happen to me after reading your articles in your blog.

martha said...

I must have been born under a lucky star , to find a true blog as yours. I will follow all the articles your will publish to the end , if you promise to write many meaningful one !!! I will be waiting for that.

leyah_30 said...

I’m thankful I'm rich not with money but with knowledge, I learned from the articles in your blog. I may not have the most expensive things but I've got a most valuable jewel………your blog

danny said...

Your site is great. Looking forward to some other articles like this.