Sunday, August 9, 2009

One word can change everything . . . THANKS. (2)

I was so happy and very thankful to my sister for doing all the best she can, to care my mom. I took a deep breath, and then I said to my sister, “Ate Ester, thanks for taking such a good care for mom; I know she will be very happy for what you are doing.”

I walked back towards my mom. I kissed her on her cheek and I started to cry again because I can’t control my feelings. My sister pulled my shoulder and led me to the door and told me that I should stop crying because she might also get faint when I continued on crying.

The following day, I visited again my mom in the hospital. I want to know her condition. Again when I saw her, I didn’t control my tears. It dropped again. I remember that moment that my mom used to said to my sister that if she will be admitted to the hospital for some illness, never put any machine on her. My sister told me that she was fainted that time when another doctor put that respirator machine on her mouth.

After that one week stayed in the ICU, some of my relatives talked to us and told us that we should have to decide whether to pull out the respirator or not. They explained to us the practicality of the situation, as they knew that we are not rich to support the stay of my mom in the ICU. And also they are aware that my mom was having a hard time with that condition. I knew even that if my mom can speak, she would told us that she was in hard pain and she might just told us also that it should be better to pull out the respirator so that all the pain will be gone. That costs much. My relatives, also wants my mom to live longer. But with her condition like that, it’s really impossible. Only miracle can do, to make my mom well. My dad and my two other sisters talked about it. We knew that our relatives were somewhat right. But we can’t sign any paper just to let the doctor pull the respirator. Because when that will happen, my mom will stop breathing. So we have a unanimous decision. We will not pull the respirator of my mom, even if we are aware that we will have a huge hospital bill.

No comments: