Saturday, August 8, 2009

One word can change everything . . . THANKS. (1)

I glanced at the bulletin board in my mom’s hospital room before I entered there. At first I was hesitant to enter the room as I don’t want to see what my mom looks like when she is lying on her bed. She got a heart stroke. I was praying that time before I enter, and that time I wish that she will be in good condition. Because I know the condition of a person who had a heart stroke.

I opened the door a little as there is this fear in me that she was not looking ok. But I told myself that I have to fight for that feeling because I might not see her alive when I get coward to see her real condition. So I enter the room, I saw my mom lying, I am not aware, but my tears fall that time. I saw my mom with a machine on her mouth . . . It was a respirator. I cried a so much when I saw her. I knew the will be result of having respirator. It means my mom can’t breath on her own. I came near to her and hug her very tight. Whispering to her ears . . . “Mom open your eyes and talk to me, I am here.” That was the words that came into my mouth. My sister was there looking at me and also crying. I didn’t expect that my mom will look like that. I just thought the she was just only lying there and sleeping. It’s very painful for me that I almost wanted to faint.

I sit on the chair for sometime there. Remembering all what my mom felt when she was still in her mild stroke. My mom never complained of any pain as she had a tough years. She was just sitting in one corner of the bed, looking far. My sister came to me and accompany me outside the room as she feels that I should stop crying. My sister is the one who was taking care of my mom while she was in the ICU section of the hospital. My sister is a doctor. She gave her all the care to my mom.

No comments: