Saturday, July 31, 2010

Going Kung Fu Christian! (Part 3 of 3)

Good morning everyone. This is the last part of my article. I hope you are still enjoying what’s the story. Let me finish it now ….

I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified (1 Corinthians 9:25-27).

How did he train? We’ll the basic moves that we need to practice with relentless discipline are:
Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart (Colossians 4:2).

How can a young person live a clean life? By carefully reading the map of your Word. I’m single-minded in pursuit of you; don’t let me miss the road sings you’ve posted. I’ve banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won’t sin myself bankrupt. Be blessed, God; train me in your ways of wise living (Psalm 119:10-12).

I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ (Philemon 1:6).

Just like martial arts, these techniques are not complicated, but they required extreme discipline and constant repetition for us to excel.

Do you want to be a kung fu Christian? Then keep a constant conversation with Jesus Christ going all day, every day. pour yourself into God’s word more than Facebook, texting, movies, music, and games. Then as a result of being prayerful and knowledgeable about God’s word, stay active in haring the gospel, and the scenes from your life movie on earth will look like this in heaven:

We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. we use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).

Be the best… around!

No comments: