Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dream Big

Somewhere I read that a goal is simply a dream that has been shared. So I want to share some of my dreams with you:

♥ Work Abroad.
♥ Help needy people.
♥ Lend a hand to Charitable Institutions.
♥ Drive my latest model car.
♥ Have my own house.
♥ Be famous as an athlete.
♥ Climb Mt. Everest.
♥ Go to a beach by myself.
♥ Observe a vow of silence for a day.
♥ Be a dog for a day like tikoy.

All right, so that last one is a little off the wall. But the rest are achievable, as I read one article written by Bob Haverstick which reminded me in his story Never Too Late. His organization makes wishes and dream come true for senior citizens, but really you are never too young or too old to dream, right? For me, dreams are a kind of spiritual yearning, a form of hope that is rooted in the belief that a loving God wants the best for us. So maybe God will allow me to Climb the Mt. Everest. But even if I don’t, the act of dreaming is a form of faith in and of itself. By dreaming we practice hope. We visualize the future and start to bring our dreams in life.

I want to know what your dreams are. Have you thought of anything you dream? We may not be able to make them come true, but we can let God and ourselves feel that we have a goal in our life. Isn’t it? And it’s all up to God if He will give it to us.

No comments: