Sunday, May 10, 2009

Are you Afraid?

Good evening friends. I was going to sleep, when I spot one book that was on top of the table which was place on the corner of my living room. I thought that I’d tried to look at it first before going to bed. I just opened the page of the book and this article was the first thing I saw…. In our life we sometimes scare with something we don’t know, or with something that were not happening yet. Is it that we are scared of the things which may disappoint ourselves or is it that we are losing faith with our God?...... YOU?…… Are you afraid?

If you have some fear that is interfering with your work or your sleep or making you avoid social gatherings, try confronting that fear now with these five steps.

1. Name it. Write your fear down on a piece of paper. Give specific details. A fear that may seem enormous bottled up in your mind can assume quite normal proportions when put in words before you.

2. Relax. Psychologist report that fear produces tension which can block creativity. You need a relaxed body before you can have a relaxed mind, so sit in a chair and let your body go limp. Breathe deeply, slowly. Thing of peaceful things. Continue this exercise until you’re sure the tension has drained out of you.

3. Search your Bible for passages like: “God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of course, the wonderful 23rd Psalm the Bible verses go on and on, giving free of it. He asks, yes implores, you to give Him your burden.

4. Trust Him. Believe, with all your heart, Proverbs 3:5: “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding.” Regardless of what goes wrong, you must believe that He loves you and cares what happens to you.

5. Surrender it. Take the sheet of paper with your fear written on it. Offer up a prayer like this: “Lord, I have brought this matter to Your attention. I know now that while I am unable by myself to throw off this fear. You can do it for me. I put my trust in You.” Then tear up the paper and let the piece fall into the waste basket. – N.V.P

No comments: